Generation Z (the generation after Millennials) only knows a world that is hyper-connected where by the tap of a smartphone a pair of shoes can be delivered to their doorstep via Uber or a drone in less than an hour. To Generation Z, a phone will be broken if they cannot see the other person on the other end. It’s a brave new world that Generation Z is growing up in.
To best way to understand how Generation Z is interacting with this new world is to hear it directly from them. Here are 14 quotes from Ypulse, a youth marketing and Millennial research firm, that will help you better understand the behavior and future expectations of the next generation workforce.
Related Read: 26 Millennial Quotes That Reveal Their Consumer Behavior, Career Aspirations and Leadership Outlook
- “Whenever I'm bored, I can always find something to do on my phone.”—Male, 17
- “I can’t live without my laptop, because I’m enrolled in a virtual school and I have to use it.”—Female, 15
- “My goals are to travel and become a founder of an organization to help people.” –Female, 14
- “When I turn 14 soon I can get a job if I want and start saving for my first car with that money and the money I make on eBay.” –Male, 13
- “For me being ‘cool’ is being myself and having friends who like me for who I am.”—Male, 13
- “My must-have tech item for back to school this year was a phone, because I have to stay in contact with my rides, teachers, and coaches. I have to use other peoples' phones. And I always miss out on important info.” –Male, 15
- “My friends on social media are new indie bands”—Female, 15
- “I follow the news because I want to be aware of the world.” –Female, 15
- “YouTube is an ocean of entertainment. No other app can provide as much entertainment as YouTube.” –Male, 18
- “My favorite physical store to shop in is thrift stores because I feel that they are unique, and they can change the world.” –Male, 17
- “I only watch Netflix.” –Female, 16
- “Music is an integral part of my life. A day without music is a bad day.” –Male, 16
- “A wedding trend I have noticed is not having a photographer, and just having friends take all the pictures.”—Female, 18
- “[For the new school year] I got a new laptop!!! It was the new 2015 MacBook Pro and it is literally my life. I had never had a new computer before but it has seriously changed the way I live.” –Female, 18
Question: Which quote stands out the most to you?
Consider Ryan Jenkins to be your next Millennial/Generation Y or Generation Z keynote speaker by clicking here...